Oak Ridge Community - Recreation
- Oak Ridge offers a variety of indoor and outdoor sports activities including golf, rowing, swimming, tennis, and soccer, to name a few.
- The University of Tennessee Arboretum has 260-acres to explore with 800 species of plants in their natural habitat.
- Sixteen parks are strategically located throughout the city to be within one-half mile of each residential area. For more information on Oak Ridge Parks and Recreation, click here.
- The Clinch River, which borders Oak Ridge, offers clear, naturally flowing water for boating and fishing enthusiasts.
- Melton Hill Lake is a top course for world-class rowing events. The Oak Ridge Rowing Association promotes the sport and teams from around the world use the course for Olympic training.
- Oak Ridge is less than an hour from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the nation's most-visited park, with miles of hiking trails and trout streams. Just 30 miles north is the less crowded Big South Fork National Recreation Area. And 60 miles south is the Ocoee River with world-class white-water rafting and kayaking courses used in the 1996 Olympic Games.
To request information about relocation, Click Here.